Thursday 28 January 2016

Patchwork + Ombre

Hello everyone!


As promised my new photo series will be coming soon, but in the meantime here is an outfit post AND a brand new make up feature! I decided to snap some photos of my new face-painting experiments - something I don't usually do when it comes to cosmetics, but I'm starting to become a little more creative with that as well, playing with different ways of doing dramatic lips and even getting bold with a highlighter - I know, what a daredevil.




I'm going to keep this fairly short and sweet because I'm at work (shhhh). This outfit is all about the print (although when is it not, with me??) - I've been crazy over patchwork recently, and the only way to make this beautiful silky dress from Zara pop more was with an even bolder patchwork bag. A little much for some, but not for me...  I paired this combo with a beautiful pair of Teva boots from the ever-lovely Chase PR. Let me tell you, these boots are something else. I have never felt SUCH COMFORT in a pair of heeled shoes - it was like walking on a cloud, oh baby. The toned down brown definitely helped set off the bright colours of the dress, and they've been super practical too in this unpredictable English weather. These babies will be sticking with me for a good long while!






Dress - Zara (sale)
Bag - Story of Lola
Boots - Teva
Bracelet - Poundland (can you believe it!?)

VAMPIRE LIPS! Well, hopefully they don't look QUITE that dramatic... For this I used a Ted Baker lip crayon for the outer corners and outline (I don't remember the shade but it's a dark purple, sorry to be super unhelpful) and for the middle, a bright pink shade in a Maybelline lipstick with light Nyx Matte Lip Cream in Prague dabbed on top and blended in with my index finger. It's my first proper try, hopefully my technique will improve with practice!









Till next time xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment